Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Prepare to be Bummed

O.K., it's been sixteen days since my last post.  My daughter started preschool on Monday, and I just can't think straight.  The days leading up to it were difficult.  Now, that she's started, it's simply unbearable.  

I'm her mom, I know her better than anyone else in the world.  I knew back in April when I registered her for preschool that she was going to have a tough transition.

Still, I thought there was this tiny, little chance that she would run into her classroom screaming, "Mommy, thank you for bringing me here, this is the happiest place on earth and I never want to leave."

That obviously didn't happen.  Worse yet, since the school has a ParentWatch cam, I got to watch a live feed and experience first hand exactly how much she hated it.

I wish I could end this post on a funny note, or say something meaningful, but, guys, I'm just not in the mood.  

Right now, I hate that life has to change.  

I hate that we all have to grow up.  

I hate that a large portion of our lives are spent doing things that are scary.  

I hate that my daughter has to learn that even though you are scared and feel like crying, you have to try to be brave and get through it.  

I hate that I bear the responsibility of teaching her how to be courageous.  

I wish my daughter could stay home forever.  That we could wake up and watch Diego, eat Teddy Grahams at snack time and color in the afternoon until the end of time. 

And that she would never, ever have to do anything that she didn't want to do. 
    

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Avitable said...

That has to be really hard. Maybe you should not watch the webcam. And after a little while, she'll be acclimated and then she won't want to leave.

Wednesday, 20 August, 2008  
Blogger Tami said...

You made cry...I'll be feeling your pain Monday :(

Wednesday, 20 August, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

avitable- yeah. that webcam sucks. i can't seem to help myself, though. i hope you're right. then again, i'll probly be depressed about her not wanting to come home, too.

tami - as if the two million phone calls you got from me this week weren't enough of a burden on you. sorry :(. but, hey, we can drown our sorrows in badly made lattes at barnies on monday.

Thursday, 21 August, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

as i have already been told that i am useless, I will just go ahead and give my .02 and expect nothing of it. Here goes...you're a great mom and we did the right thing by putting her in school now. Remember, a couple of weeks of this in a lifetime of happiness is not that bad of a ratio. If this still doesn't help, you know where to reach Tami. :)

Thursday, 21 August, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAWWW I feel the same way I hope this phase passes soon.

Thursday, 21 August, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust me it does get easier and there will come a time when you go to pick her up and she'll say "Mom you are early" Hang in there this phase will pass.

Thursday, 21 August, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home